Receive insider tips, help navigating new building codes, industry news and more!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Air Tightness / Blower Door Testing & Building Diagnostic Services
Building Knowledge Canada’s primary mission is to improve the quality of homes. Our trained professionals work with Canadian homebuilders, HVAC contractors, manufacturers and Tarion providing building diagnostic services.
Services includes inspecting, identifying, and recommending corrections for persistent home challenges including:
- under-performing heating/cooling
- unexplained cold air drafts
- inconsistent temperatures throughout the home
- ventilation and ducting systems
- drafts and leaky building envelopes
- excessive moisture related damage/indoor air quality issues
Our services and equipment are fully backed by Natural Resources Canada and we help lead our clients through the entire process from start to finish. We explain all documents and reports in full to help alleviate the frustration that can come along with air tightness and blower door testing. Building Knowledge Canada’s building diagnostic investigations, which have been performed in thousands of North American homes, can include:
- Building code compliance testing; NBC 9.36, OBC SB12
- Building program verification and testing: ENERGY STAR®, R-2000, LEED® for Homes, HERS®, Net Zero
- Residential and large building air-tightness testing and verification
- Large building air tightness testing and verification
- Air barrier integrity inspection
- Air tightness benchmarking
- HVAC on-site diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Air duct testing
- IECC insulation compliance inspection
- Water management inspection
- Thermal enclosure inspection/level 1 thermography
To find out more about our building diagnostic services, contact one of our skilled building science experts directly or contact our office
© Copyright Building Knowledge Canada Inc. All rights reserved.